Honey Is Sweet, But The Bee Has A Sting!
1. Prevent cancer and heart disease:
Its help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
Current research proves that honey may assist disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
3. Anti-bacterial & Anti-fungal:
Honey Research Unit said that “All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide”
A few ranges of honey have large amounts of friendly bacteria.
- 6 species of lactobacilli
- 4 species of bifidobacteria
This may explain a lot of the “mysterious therapeutic properties of honey.”
5. Beautiful skin:
Honey is the ultimate organic skincare brand. Apply a dab of raw, organic honey directly to blemishes, and let the skin absorb its medicinal properties overnight. Wash it off in the morning, and after regular use, you’ll wake up to clear skin!
Honey is also an effective treatment for other skin conditions, such as eczema, ring worm, and psoriasis. Though honey does not CURE these conditions, it does soothe inflammation and relieve dryness.
6. Blood sugar regulation:
Honey contains simple sugars; it is NOT the similar as white sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Its correct combination of,
actually helps the body regulate blood sugar levels. Some honeys possess a low hypoglycemic index, so they don’t jolt your blood sugar.
7. Heal wounds and burns:
Honey can be used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts as its antibacterial properties prevent infection and function as an anti-inflammatory agent.
8. Cough and Throat irritation:
Honey helps with coughs, particularly buckwheat honey.
9. Immune Booster:
Raw, organic honey is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and enzymes which protect the body from bacteria and boost the immune system. To get better your immune system, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey to warm water daily.
For those who suffer from indigestion, the antiseptic properties of honey relieve acidity in the stomach and alleviate digestion. Honey also neutralizes gas, becoming the ultimate stomach soother when it comes to overeating.
Vanan is the personal fitness trainer at Ezfit Singapore. Join @ezfit or catch him on Facebook. More on the beginnings of this web resource in Wedding Fitness Tips for Bridal, Certified Personal Trainer for Kids & Boot Camp Training Singapore .
- DIY: Honey & Olive Oil Sugar Scrub (iammrsf.wordpress.com)
- How to Pick a Crab”Four Seasons Magazine (magazine.fourseasons.com)
- Brunch Obsession: Wild Honey (feuillettte.wordpress.com)
- Oriole Cafe & Bar, Singapore (rockabitebaby.wordpress.com)
- What Is Diabetes? What Causes Diabetes? (thethingaboutsugar.com)
- Singapore – An Unforgettable Destination (smarthotelbooker.com)
- South Island (NZ) Part 7 (peanutstravel.wordpress.com)