Eggplants grown round the year and this attractive and colorful vegetable are as good in health as they are in the uniqueness of their looks. Let’s take a look at some of their benefits.
A particular ingredient of common eggplant namely BEC5 has been shown to cure cancer. It destroys the cancer cells by making them rupture without harming the other cells in the body thus preventing surgery.
Eggplants can promote weight loss by lowering your appetite since 92% of their weight is from water. They are low in carbohydrates and rich in fiber thus taking a long time to digest and making you feel full for a long time.
They better the skin tone by keeping the skin soft, glowing and well-hydrated with their high water content and vitamins.
Eggplants protect the brain cell membranes from the damage-causing free-radical cells. Its high amount of B-complex prevents stress and helps to think clearly.
The components of eggplant reduce ‘bad’ cholesterol in the body along with relaxing the blood vessels and increasing the blood flow.
Eggplants inhibits an enzyme that converts starch to sugar by as much as 60% hence controlling type2 diabetes.
Eggplants have a rich nutrient-profile. Every eggplant contains:
- Fiber that supports digestive-system, controls cholesterol and body-sugar and helps manage body-weight.
- Chlorogenic acid that effectively increases the immune system of the body.
- Nasunin an antioxidant that helps prevent cancer and delay aging.
- Vitamin A that supports vision, skin, gene-transcription and many more.
- Beta-carotene, a carotenoid that has many functions like strengthening immunity, skin, growth and repair of body, etc.
- Vitamin B6 that’s needed for immune system, cell and protein metabolism and formation of enzymes.
- Folate for production and maintenance of new cells.
- Vitamin C that supports immune system, collagen synthesis, antioxidantactivity and more.
- various minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous that play vital roles in the human system.
Eggplants are also a means for various beauty remedies.
See Freckles Fade-Apply few slices on the face and leave them on after rubbing them gently in circular motion and you can see freckles fading in just a week.
Say Goodbye to Warts- Cover the warts with a piece of eggplants, secure it with a bandage and leave it on overnight to see warts peel off within 2 weeks.
Regulate and Pamper Skin-A mask of eggplants blended with yoghurt for 20 minutes daily has an anti-ageing effect on the skin.
Gently Treat Your Hair-A scalp massage with eggplant paste leaves hair more vibrant and healthier.
Writer: Ezfit Singapore
- boot camp singapore botanic gardens (Ezfit.sg)
- Love or Hate Eggplant? (glutenfabulous.org)
- Cooking with Eggplant (cobornsdeliversblog.com)
- Eggplant & Black Bean Dip (heidisfoodadventures.wordpress.com)
- Why Do Asians Look So Young Sometimes? Or Most Of The Time? (mabelkwong.com)
- Haze Epidemic in Singapore (artstageasia.typepad.com)
- Beltaway Belt Announces International Shipping Services (prweb.com)
- Giorgio Armani Introduces NEW Luminous Silk Foundation (joeychong.com)
- 10 Minutes With … George Young – Denise Li (materialworldsingapore.com)